What is an ETRA?
Academic Technology Services provides services to faculty at a subsidized rate if the application is for instruction, and within Academic Technology Services’ limited budget. ETRAs cover 90% of the cost of in-house labor and equipment to do a production for you. If there are external costs or unusual supplies expenses incurred in your production, those costs are passed on to you.
Criteria for Application
The following must be met by all proposals
- The request is for a regularly scheduled course, or series of courses, at UC Davis.
- The final product would clearly benefit the teaching/learning process.
- The final product makes effective use of the requested technology
- Academic Technology Services has the expertise in-house to do the project
- Academic Technology Services has staff available to do the project on the date(s) requested in the application
- An evaluation of the services provided, that reflects student responses, and any other evaluation format that the instructor chooses to perform.
Guidelines for ETRA Grants
- Graphics and Illustrations: original artwork, consulting and or training, not to exceed 16 hours.
- Video / Audio productions or consultations: recording a lecture or other instructional event, basic video editing, and archived Web streaming (note: ETRAs do not cover live Web streaming); not to exceed $2,500.