Webconferencing and Online Meetings: Adobe Connect Pro
Adobe Connect offers collections of various well-known communication tools, providing audio/video chat in real-time, a shared white-board, screen sharing, and embedded Flash or streamed PowerPoint, all as part of the same online session. View our Adobe Connect page or for more information, contact Academic Technology Services.
Videoconferencing and Distance Learning
Distance learning allows courses taught on campus to be delivered locally, nationally, or internationally to larger, more diverse audiences. These simultaneous broadcasts link classrooms without regard to location and may be interactive or recorded for a later rebroadcast.
The videoconferencing service enables campus community members to meet with their colleagues in remote locations without having to leave the campus, saving time and money. Videoconferencing coordinates the scheduling of broadcasts from many sources to classrooms with media connectivity.
Olson Hall room 250 is the Distance Learning Classroom seating 24 students. Olson Hall room 230 is the Videoconferencing Room seating 15 participants. In addition, we have a portable videoconferencing unit that can be used in any room with a internet connection.
- Participants should arrive 10 minutes prior to beginning of the videoconference for and operational overview and training.
- All participants should introduce themselves at the beginning of the conference.
- Plan a 10-15 minute break for conferences over two hours.
- Be aware of habits that could affect the audio portion of the conference (voice activated multipoints); such as tapping of fingers, crumbling of paper in front of microphones and objects blocking microphones.
- If there is more than one individual at the same site, there should be a "Conference Leader" selected to control the camera and graphics equipment.
- Pan (move the camera to the person speaking).
- Bright colors transmit well but avoid loud prints, the color red, plaids and stripes.
- Activate the mute of privacy button when a side conversation is needed.
- Remember to pick up personal items before leaving the videoconfrencing room as this will help keep the room tidy for the next participant.