Adobe Connect Professional at UC Davis
Host privileges for Adobe Connect will allow hosts to create meeting rooms with up to 100 participants (including the host) in a room. For meetings over 100 participants, IET-ATS offers a pay-per-use seminar room that can accommodate up to 500 users.
To gain access to Adobe Connect, use the "Request UC Davis Adobe Connect account" link to sign up and provide all of your information WITH a billing account (and subaccount if applicable). The SLA on the sign-up page outlines all pertinent information, including billing and responsibilities.
If you have questions regarding this service, please do not hesitate to contact email@example.com.
AGRICULTURE AND NATURAL RESOURCES (ANR) FACULTY AND STAFF ONLY
Everyone in the ANR Directory already has an account on the Adobe Connect Pro server hosted by Adobe and the charges mentioned above do not apply to you. Go to your ANR Portal and click on Adobe Connect under My Links. Updated information about ANR's use of Adobe Connect Pro will always be available there.
If you have an account you can log in at:
Detailed Feature List
You may have read or heard about the Engagement Dashboard. The Engagement Dashboard provides a snapshot of the participants' overall engagement during an event, a seminar, or a virtual classroom. You must to have access to the Event Management feature and your Meeting or Seminar must be part of an Event in order to use this feature. There is no additional cost to have Event Management access. Event Management is moderately complex and has a learning curve, so we don't enable it by default. You can request access to Event Management by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- upload and share any printable document converted to Flash (using FlashPaper)
- direct support for PowerPoint, PDF, Flash, and Captivate, including high-resolution graphics, animations, and streaming video
- enhanced PowerPoint presentations created with Adobe Presenter
- internet audio broadcasting
- multipoint video conferencing (supports USB or FireWire webcams, with support for multiple simultaneous video attendees)
- public, private and moderated chat
- moderated Q&A
- polling tools
- whiteboard and annotation tools (can be applied to any shared content)
- application and desktop sharing (including remote desktop control)
- file sharing tool allows upload/download of any file type (no viewing)
Meeting room Layout
- layouts allow host to organize content and control flow of meeting
- standard set of screen layouts (sharing, collaboration, discussion)
- user generated layouts and tool (pod) combinations
- "presenter mode" used to upload content and arrange meeting room in private
- control meeting start times, participant access, and email invitations
- view reports of meeting participants, running time, content
- configure multi-level participant permissions
- attendee management tool allows host to view participants' role and status
- permanent, friendly URLs for meeting rooms
- capture visual and audio portions of the meeting for later playback
- use meeting index (slider) during playback to navigate to any point quickly
- open API allows system access and control from external applications
- use Software Development Kit (SDK) to develop new content tools (pods)